22.11.13

The Ride: Update 4 - Another Milestone!


I'm a little behind on this latest post, so my apologies. Good news is, it's been an amazing stretch for fundraising! We're currently sitting at $655 from 20 different donors! It's been absolutely incredible so far.  My vocabulary can't match my gratitude. I'm so thankful for all your amazing support. You guys are amazing. Thank you.

...As for training, I've been staying on the runs which is great.  I've also been to the gym 4 weeks now with my trainer, and I'm starting to get pretty comfortable there, that's a great feeling too! I've never liked the gym, or been comfortable there in the the past. But having a trainer is such a great tool, I would suggest it to anyone who is maybe nervous about joining. I can honestly say I'm already looking forward to the next session.

I should also be getting some more information on our bikes very soon. Our contact will be back and I'm hoping it will mean we can get moving forward, so I can start riding! The first route I thought of was heading out to Horseshoe Bay from Second Narrows. Marine drive would be a nice ride I think, though I'm not sure how the road is there for riding, any one have any idea? I'm thinking the longer rides I do, I'll have to find a good coffee joint as a half way spot. Sounds like a delicious treat for the halfway mark!

I've got some fundraising ideas brewing, but I'm still looking for any you might have!  I've been contacted by the ride from a person who helps with exactly this, so I'm hoping she will have some helpful tips for me as well.  I'm trying to think of more unique things too, maybe a record swap or something? This is why I need you to just come up with the genius ideas for me! Seriously. Leave a comment or shoot me an email.

That's all for this week, next week hopefully I'll be able to expand on my fundraising idea a bit and see if it would be something worth pursuing. An interest gauge of sorts! Thanks for stopping by everyone.

Happy Riding!

No comments:

Post a Comment