29.11.13

The Ride: Update 5 - Approaching a New Millenium


Another week down, the time goes so fast! Can you believe Sunday is December 1? Hope you've got your Christmas shopping started. Not this guy, but I thrive in the last minute of play. ;)

Fundraising has gone great again over the last week. I'm proud to update the totals at $935 from 23 different donors! How amazing is that?!?! Every donation gets me excited, I love feeling the support as we push towards the ride. Thank you all so very much.

I've got an idea for a fundraising campaign as well, hoping to get up to Hastings Street this week and talk to our friends at Wheelhouse Seafoods. I'm hoping to do a little stationary riding outside their shop for a few times over a couple of weeks, and use that time to collect donations, but also advertise a day where customers can have their Seafood dinner delivered by bicycle for donations. A chance to get out in the community and meet some peeps and hopefully shed some weight from peoples wallets ;).

We're one step closer to getting our hands on the bicycles now. Every day the anticipation grows within. The butterflies grow with each donation as well, so many people to represent, and such a long bike ride to take on. I just want to get on the bike and start training for some peace of mind haha. I know I can do it, and will make you all proud, but it's still a little intimidating I have to say. Who doesn't like a little pressure anyways though, right? Bring it on I say!

Training has been going well still. Still meeting with my trainer once a week. My legs are completely dead today from yesterday. I think that's a good sign. So my trainer says anyway! I have only been on one run in the last week, so I need to get a few of those going this coming week. Tomorrow will be a great time to start!

I did manage to get out and snowboard at Grouse Mountain this week. My first time on a snowboard in 12 years! It was lots of fun, and I think it will help my legs as well. Even with the working out I've been doing, and the running I have been keeping up with, my legs were still toast at the end of each lap. I forgot how much that board can kick your ass down the hill. It felt soooooo good to get out though, very happy to be back on the board.

That's it for this week, thanks again for stopping by, hit me up with any ideas/questions/comments/concerns/million dollar ideas you may have!

Happy Riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment